Welcome to Windham
Windham, the “gem of the Catskills,” is one of the oldest small towns in the region. Established in 1798, it has been charming visitors for over two centuries. Windham’s historic Main Street is lined with locally-owned specialty shops and exceptional restaurants, and a wide variety of lodging options makes it a great destination for a family vacation. It is also a top pick for skiers and mountain bikers looking to experience adventure. Year-round options for a good time include hiking, skiing, golfing, biking, snowmobiling, and horseback riding.
Buying a Windham Home? Stats & Facts
- Population of 1,677 (Census 2018)
- Often referred to as the “gem of the Catskills,” Windham offers spectacular outdoor recreation opportunities, an abundance of lodging options, and incredible eateries.
- A place referred to as being in a “hollow” was believed to be detrimental to the tourist industry.
Things to Do Around Windham, NY
We love sharing the small businesses, organizations, and events that make each of the towns and villages we work in unique, wonderful places to live. The Windham is just as much about the lifestyle it affords as the finishes and square footage.
Enjoy our list and feel free to contact us with any questions!
Windham, NY – Schools
The School District of Greene County provides public education. Windham is also home to several private, charter, and religious schools.
- Windham Ashland Central School
- Windham Ashland Middle School
- Windham Ashland High School