Welcome to Durham
Why I Love Durham, NY
Catskill real estate is in demand! Catskill is a large town on the Hudson River. When we say town, we mean a real town with an old-fashioned Main Street that has thriving locally-owned businesses and restaurants. Residents can drop kids at dance class, get their hair done, take a Zumba class and then get lunch with friends. It’s the kind of town that’s getting harder and harder to find. Catskill New York Real Estate is the way to go if you want a getaway in the Catskills or Hudson Valley or a full-time home in a vibrant town with architectural and community character.
Buying a Durham Home? Stats & Facts
- Population of 3,844 (Census 2021)
- The New York State Legislature formed the town of Catskill in 1788 and Greene County in 1800
- Hundreds of miles of trails, rivers, and streams are located within the Catskills
- There are 35 mountains that reach over 3,500 hundred feet and 63 more are over 3,000 feet
Things to Do Around Durham, NY
We love sharing the small businesses, organizations, and events that make each of the towns and villages we work in unique, wonderful places to live. The Durham is just as much about the lifestyle it affords as the finishes and square footage.
Enjoy our list and feel free to contact us with any questions!
Durham, NY – Schools
The School District of Greene County provides public education. Durham is also home to several private, charter, and religious schools.
- The Durham School
- Cairo-Durham Elementary School
- Cairo-Durham Central School District
- Cairo-Durham High School